Life goals are a compelling subject for English learners as it encourages them to envision their future and fosters personal growth.
Through exploring this topic, students can enhance their language skills by expressing aspirations, discussing ambitions and articulating the steps needed to achieve success. It serves as a platform for practicing vocabulary related to career paths, self-development and life planning.
About Life goals
Life goals are all the things we would like to accomplish in our life. We can find many benefits and advantages of setting goals, for example, they help us to continue moving through life.
They can be large and challenging goals or they can be smaller and more personal. Life goals can also be related to work, relationships, finances and other aspects of life.
There are some strategies that can be used to set the best personal goals for everyone and to make them easier to achieve, like setting challenging goals, setting goals that matter to us and committing to our goals.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Are life goals necessary to achieve success?
- Do you have any life goal set at the moment?
- Do you normally set goals in your life?
- In which areas of life do you think setting goals is a good idea?
- What do you think the main benefits of setting goals are?
- How about the disadvantages, do you think there are any when setting a life goal?
- Have your life goals changed over time?
- Do you think the type of life goals people set depends on their age? In what way?
- What do you think are the main goals that people tend to set?
- How do cultural or societal factors influence our choice of life goals?
- What role does education play in achieving life goals?
- How can setbacks and failures affect our pursuit of life goals?
- What advise would you give to anyone who needs to set a life goal?
- Are there any famous personalities whose life goals inspire you? Why?
- Is it better to have short-term, achievable goals, or long-term, ambitious goals?