Let’s Do Some Gymnastics!
Gymnastics is an Olympic sport that involves using a variety of equipment to perform flips and twists on the floor, on bars and mats, or on a trampoline. Gymnasts are judged by how well they perform their routines.
It is a very complete sport that a lot of children practice all around the world and requires the performance of exercises demanding strength, flexibility, balance, agility and control.
Gymnastics is a sport that needs dedication, hard work, and lots of practice in order for children’s skills to improve.
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Do you think gymnastics is a good hobby for children to take up?
- Have you ever practiced gymnastics?
- Do you enjoy watching gymnastics on TV?
- Do you know anyone who practices gymnastics?
- Why do you think people enjoy practicing gymnastics?
- What do you think are the differences between gymnastics as a hobby and elite gymnastics?