English is considered the international business language and is studied as a second language in many countries around the world.
Many children in countries such as Spain, Italy or France have English classes multiple times every week at school.
A high or intermediate level of English is also a basic requirement for many jobs, which means adults need to continuously practice their English if they want to progress in their professional careers.
Some people really enjoy learning English and other languages, whereas others find it extremely frustrating and end up hating English.
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Do you like learning English?
- When did you start learning English?
- Why do you continue to learn and practice English?
- What do you enjoy about English?
- What do you hate about English?
- What other languages would you like to learn?
- What do you think is the best way for children to learn English?
- Why do you think some people like learning English and others hate it?
- What problems would you have if you didn't know any English?
- How has knowing English helped you in your life so far?
- Are you happy with your current level of English?