Japanese food is becoming more and more popular all around the world. It is also healthier than most Western food.
Traditional Japanese food is mainly based on rice, fish, vegetables, seafood and noodles. There are different ways to cook and combine these ingredients, resulting in unique dishes like sushi, tempura or sashimi.
Some of the dishes include raw fish but this doesn’t stop many people from enjoying this cuisine. The truth is, when is comes to Japanese food you tend to either love it or hate it!
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Would you like to try Japanese food?
- What do you know about Japanese food?
- Which Japanese dish would you like to try?
- What do you think about eating raw fish?
- Is Japanese food becoming popular in the place where you live?
- Do you know any Japanese restaurant where you live?
- Do you think Japanese food is easy to prepare?
- Would you try to cook Japanese food?
- Which ingredients would you like use if you were cooking Japanese food?
- Have you ever used chopsticks?
- What do you know about Japanese culture?