Taking a Nap
Naps during the day are common place amongst young children, but as we get older it is something that most people no longer want or have the opportunity to do. In some countries, particularly hot countries, it is more common to have an afternoon nap when the day is at its hottest, mainly because there is little else to do when the weather is so hot. Apart from these countries a nap is seen as a luxury that most can’t afford. However, maybe taking a nap has more benefits than most would believe, and maybe going through the afternoon tired does more harm than good.
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Is taking a nap during the day good for you?
- Do you ever take a nap?
- Do you like taking naps?
- What is the perfect length of time to take a nap?
- What benefits does taking a nap give people?
- What is the downside of taking a nap?
- In general, would you say that taking a nap during the day is beneficial?