The start of a new year is a time where many people decide to make a change in their lives, whether it be to lose weight, give up smoking or something else. These changes are called new years resolutions.
Even though it is very common to make new years resolutions, statistically most people fail to stick to them and will give up by the end of January. Why people find it so difficult to stick to their new years resolutions, and whether it is worth making new years resolutions is a question you should ask yourself before deciding if you are going to make a new years resolution.
- Why do so many people make New Years resolutions?
- Why do so many people fail to stick to their New Years resolutions?
- What should you do to ensure you keep to your resolutions?
- What makes a good New Years resolution?
- What makes a bad New Years resolution?
- What New Years resolution do you have?
- If you knew you could achieve it what resolutions would you make?
Stick (to something) verb
Give up phrasal verb
Take up phrasal verb
Think of a sentence using each of the following phrasal verbs relating to this topic:
- Give up
example: I am going to give up smoking
- Let down
- Take up
- Cut down on
- Work out