For the majority of people learning a language is challenging. Although a small percentage of people seem to be able to pick up languages easily and quickly, most people spend years trying to learn a new language without gaining fluency.
An argument given by many adult learners is that it is more difficult to learn languages when your are old, and it is easier to learn them from a young age.
- How many languages do you speak?
- Do you know anyone who is bilingual?
- Why do you think people say it is easier to learn languages when you are young?
- Do you think it is an excuse?
- What advantages to adults have over children when learning a new language?
- Language noun
- Learn verb
- Pick up phrasal verb
- Difficulty noun
- Excuse noun
- Fluent adjective
- Fluency noun
- Easily adverb
- Bilingual adjective