Some people say that marriage is meaningless nowadays and in the past, it was something that was much more important. It has been said that the increase of celebrities getting married and divorced multiple times has taken away the sanctity of marriage, and as a result, younger people no longer take marriage seriously. This has also been said to result in far more divorces, and far fewer marriages as young people decide to skip marriage and live together and start a family before thinking about tying the knot.
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Is getting married less important now than in the past?
- Is marriage important to you?
- Do you think marriage was more important in the past?
- Why do you think more people are deciding to skip marriage?
- Do you believe a couple should live together before getting married? Why?