Advertising on Facebook
The age of the internet and social media has opened up a whole new way for businesses to advertise. The internet has allowed companies and individuals to reach a much wider audience than they could do with more traditional marketing techniques. Facebook in particular has grown its own business model to focus more on paying advertisers with both ads and sponsored posts.
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Is Facebook a good place to advertise a business?
- Have you ever used Facebook to promote a business? If yes, how was your experience?
- Have you ever bought anything you have seen in a Facebook ad?
- Why do you think businesses choose Facebook to advertise?
- What are the negatives aspects of advertising on Facebook instead of traditional marketing techniques?