What is depression?
Depression is a much more extreme experience than just feeling sad. Many people suffer from depression even if it has not been diagnosed
Watch this short video explaining what depression is then go through the talking points below to help you answer the main questions above.
Note: The video contains high intermediate / advanced vocabulary.
- How would you describe depression?
- Why do you think people get depressed?
- What’s the difference between sadness and depression?
- Have you ever suffered from depression?
- Do you know anyone who has?
- What can people suffering from depression do to help themselves?
- Depression noun
- Depressed adjective
- Depress verb
- Sadness noun
- Anxious adjective
- Anxiety noun
- Self-esteem noun
- Diagnose verb
Write down all the words you didn’t know from the video, research their meaning and write an example sentence for each word.