Pocket Money for Children
Pocket money is money given to children for them to save and spend on what they want. It is quite common for most children to start receiving pocket money when they reach a certain age.
A dilemma for many parents who decide to give their children pocket money is deciding the amount to give, as giving too little or too much can actually make a well-intended gesture negative. Which leaves us with the question, how much pocket money should children be given?
- Did you receive pocket money when you were a child? If yes, how much?
- If you have children, do you give them pocket money? If not, will you in the future?
- What do you think the purpose is of giving children pocket money?
- What can the negative effects be of giving children too much pocket money?
- What can the negative effects be of not giving children enough pocket money?
- How can parents decide how much pocket money to give their children?