Hitting a Woman
The topic of hitting women serves as a thought-provoking and important discussion for advanced-level English learners, offering them an opportunity to engage in nuanced conversations and enhance their language skills.
Exploring this topic allows learners to delve into complex ethical, social and cultural aspects, thereby sharpening their critical thinking abilities.
Is It Ever Acceptable?
We are now in the days of equality between men and women where our gender should not reflect how we are treated or how we treat other people.
There is generally no debate when it comes to whether a man should hit a woman. The challenge is really to think hard about whether it would ever be acceptable for it to happen.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Do you believe that hitting a woman is ever justified? Why or why not?
- Have you ever witnessed or experienced any form of violence against women? How did it make you feel?
- Is it ever acceptable for a woman to hit a man?
- Should the punishment be different for a man hitting a woman as opposed to a woman hitting a man?
- Should the punishment be the same if a woman hits a man?
- How do you think cultural beliefs and societal norms influence attitudes towards violence against women?
- How can education help prevent violence against women?
- Should there be harsher punishments for those who commit violence against women?
- If you saw a man hitting a woman, what would you do?
- Do you think the feminist movement has increased or decreased physical violence towards women?