Fashion is a popular and ever-changing topic that offers a wealth of opportunities for English learners to practice their language skills.
Discussing fashion requires using descriptive adjectives, discussing personal preferences, and comparing and contrasting different styles and trends. This helps learners improve their vocabulary, grammar, and speaking skills, while also learning about cultural differences and customs related to fashion.
Additionally, discussing fashion can be a fun and engaging way to practice language skills, as learners can share their own interests and personal styles, and engage in creative discussions with others.
A Bit About Fashion
Fashion is a huge industry that most people can relate to. It includes the clothes we wear, accessories we use, and how we present ourselves.
Many people try to keep up with the latest fashion trends by following celebrities and social media influencers. Some are really into fashion and will spend thousands on designer outfits to look good and be seen.
Fashion is not only about clothes, but also includes the things we have, like the type of car we drive or where we buy our coffee. People want to look good and show off what they have. However, some rich people see fashion as a waste of money and focus on value for money and quality instead.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Would you say that you are fashion concious?
- How important is fashion in your life?
- Why do you think some people think keeping up with the latest fashion is so important?
- Would you say keeping up with the latest fashion is expensive?
- How much influence do celebrities or influencers have over your fashion choices?
- In terms of fashion, what do you think is more important, the clothes you wear or the mobile phone you have?
- If you had enough money, would you buy expensive designer clothes?
- Do you think social media has increased people was awareness of fashion?
- Would you say that keeping up with the latest fashion is just a waste of money?
- Were you more interested in fashion when you were young or now?
- Do you think fashion is more important to older people or younger people?
- Do you think fashion is more important for men or women?