White privilege is described as the inherent advantages of white people based on their race. I don’t think there is any doubt that white people have had these advantages in the past in many western countries, but with the progress for equality of all races being made in many countries, does white privilege still exist today?
Watch the video below where they are discussing white privilege, answer the questions to check your understanding and discuss the talking points.
Please note there is some strong language contain in this video
Test Your Understanding
- What happened with the woman from CNN on the radio?
- What does Joe say happens to asian people at the university of Harvard?
- What is Joe’s experience of people from Korea?
- How would you describe white privilege?
- Do you think white privilege exists in your country?
- How important is it to recognise white privilege or any other privilege?
- Do you think the term white privilege gets abused?
- What is the solution to white privilege?
- Privilege noun
- Race noun
- Racist noun / adjective
- Discriminate verb
- Discrimination noun