Learning a New Language
Many people find learning new languages very difficult. It often takes a lot of time and dedication just to pick up the basics of new languages. However, there are some people, known as polyglots, that seem to be able to learn almost any language without too much difficulty, and they often know how to speak at a conversational level in multiple languages.
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Does learning new languages come easily to you?
- How many languages have you tried to learn at some point throughout the course of your life?
- In your opinion, what kind of things make a language difficult to learn?
- What sort of things can people do to make learning a new language easier?
- What languages do you think are the easiest to learn? Why?
- What languages do you think are the most difficult to learn? Why?
- If you had to learn a new language which language would you choose?