Since Donald Trump became president there has been an increase in people deciding to move away from the mainstream media for their news believing that most of what they hear is politically motivated and “fake news”. As the divide between the left and right of politics grows wider in the US and other countries it seems that it is not just the right who are starting to distrust the mainstream media, but the left as well, with both claiming that the news outlets are bias towards the other side.
In addition, with the increase in technology, there are now a number of different places where people can access to get their news whereas in the past these options were fairly limited. This increase has undoubtedly led to more distrust with the media as there are now many different contradictory news stories throughout the internet.
- How often do you watch the mainstream media?
- Where do you usually get your news from?
- Do you trust everything you hear on the news?
- Where do you think is the best place to get honest reporting?
- Do you think that news networks are unbiased?
- What do you think is the best way to get the truth?
- Media noun
- Unbiased adjective
- Report verb
- News noun
- Mainstream media noun
- Grow verb
- Distrust verb
- Internet noun
- Contradictory adjective
- Throughout adverb
- Bias noun/verb
- Limited adjective