Learning Foreign Languages in the Future
Learning foreign languages, especially English, is extremely important in many countries around the world. English is widely considered the international business language and it is not uncommon to see a meeting with people of various nationalities converse in English even though English is not the first language of any of the attendees. As technology advances, some argue that the need to learn foreign languages like English will decrease, with people using alternative options to communicate.
- Do you speak any foreign languages apart from English? If yes, which languages and why?
- How important do you think it is to learn English in schools compared to other subjects like maths or science?
- How do you think technology can help people now who don’t speak the same language?
- How do you think technology can help people in the future who don’t speak the same language?
- Do you think the need for learning foreign languages will be the same in the future as it is now?