Fear of Public Speaking
Delivering a speech or talk can be a terrifying experience for many people, whereas others seem to do it with ease. The reason why some people get nervous before delivering a speech and others don’t, are not really known for certain, it can depend on the person or the situation, but it is safe to say that the majority of people have suffered from a fear of giving a speech or talk at some point in their life.
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Do you get nervous if you have to deliver a speech or talk?
- Have you ever had to deliver a speech or talk? How did you feel?
- Why do you think some people get nervous and others don't?
- What do you think people can do to help themselves overcome their anxiety about delivering a speech or talk?
- How often do you have to give a speech or talk?