The Older The Wiser
It is a common belief that people get wiser as they grow older. The idea that old age is the time of life when one becomes most wise has been around for centuries. But what’s the reason behind this? It could be that wisdom is simply an age-old skill and that people learn more as they get older, or it could be something else entirely.
According to some studies, it seems that this might be true. Older adults are more likely to show better decision-making skills, and have a better understanding of their own personality traits and those of other people.
- Do you listen to old people in a different way to younger people?
- Do you think people's opinions are more valid the older they are?
- What do you think it means to be wise?
- Do you think old people are wiser? Why?
- Can young people be wise too?