Depression is a disorder that causes a person to experience feelings of sadness and loss of interest in things they normally enjoy. It’s something that affects millions of people every year, and it can be incredibly difficult to cope with.
If you’re dealing with depression, you might feel like there’s no hope for you. But it’s important to remember that this is a treatable condition. There are many ways to find relief from depression, including therapy, medication, and exercise. Although it may seem overwhelming at first, there are many things you can do to help yourself deal with the symptoms of depression.
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Is depression more prevalent now than 100 years ago?
- How would you describe depression?
- Why do you think people get depressed?
- What’s the difference between sadness and depression?
- Have you ever suffered from depression? Do you know anyone who has?
- What can people suffering from depression do to help themselves?