The Carnivore Diet
The carnivore diet is a diet that consists entirely of meat. The diet has been gaining popularity in recent years, as people search for more sustainable ways to eat. The theory behind the carnivore diet is that humans are omnivores who have evolved to eat both plants and animals, but on the whole, eating more meat than plants is healthier for us.
Some people following the diet will have dairy products too like cheese and milk, while others will stick to just meat. The rules about sauces and spices are slightly more debatable, but most hardcore carnivore dieters will insist only on using salt and nothing else to flavour the meat.
The idea behind the carnivore diet is that if you eat only meat, then your body will be able to get all of its nutrients from that meat and not need any other foods.
Some people who follow this diet feel better than they did before they started it. However, there are also people who say that they feel worse on the diet than they did before starting it.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Would you be able to do the carnivore diet?
- Is the carnivore diet extreme?
- What are the dangers of eating this diet?
- Why do you think people are trying this diet?
- What would you eat on this diet?
- What would be the most difficult thing for you if you ate this way?
- What are the good things about the carnivore diet?
- What type of person do you think would go on the carnivore diet?
- How long do you think you could last on a carnivore diet?