Choosing the right career path can be an extremely difficult decision for young people who have little life experience.
Many people struggle to find a career path they are happy with, and more often than not settle for any job that pays a decent salary.
There are many factors that people should consider when choosing a career with salary being just one of them. People should also consider education requirements, potential job opportunities and whether they actually have a real passion for the career in question.
It is also important to consider not just what your prospects are of finding a job now, but also what the future holds and whether the job opportunities in the industry are likely to be growing ten or twenty years from now.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- What should young people consider when choosing a career path?
- Are you happy with your career choice?
- What did you decide to follow the career path you have taken?
- Is your career what you expected it would be when you were younger?
- What would you like to change about the industry you are working in?
- If you could go back in time would you change your career path?
- Would you ever consider changing your career?
- Why is changing a career so scary for many people?
- If you had to change your career now, what would you do?
- What do you think is a good career path for youngsters nowadays?
- Do you think it's important that young people get advice and guidance when choosing a career?