What Others Have To Say...
One of the things that I love about camping is the ability to sit outside, look up at the stars, and think about how small we are in this vast universe.
As a kid, I used to think it was just me that felt this way—that everyone else was perfectly fine with being one speck in an infinite void. I thought there was something wrong with me because I couldn’t stop thinking about how big everything around me was. But then I learned that other people feel this way too! And then I realized that it actually helps them to get perspective on their problems and find solutions for them.
And so now whenever I’m feeling overwhelmed by something, whether it’s a big project at work or a fight with my husband, all it takes is a few minutes under the night sky with my dog (who always makes me feel better) and some space from other people for me to get back into perspective again.
So yeah—camping is amazing because it lets me reconnect with nature and myself.
The Big Question
- Have you ever been camping? If not, would you like to go?
- Why do you think some people hate the idea of camping?
- Is wild camping better than going to a camp site?
- Do you think everyone should experience camping at least once in their life?
- What are the essential things you would take with you if you were going camping?
- If you went camping for a week what would you miss the most?
- Do you think camping is a good activity for children to do? Why?
- In general, do you think men or woman prefer going camping the most?
- Would you like to camp in the rain?
- What time of year do you think is the best time to go camping?