Bullying is a serious problem that affects children and adults in everyday life. It can cause depression, anxiety, and even lead to suicide. Bullying is not only the act of humiliating someone or making them feel small; it can also be when one person takes advantage of another person’s kindness or generosity by taking what does not belong to them. Bullying can take place anywhere at any time for any reason. The most common places for bullying are schools and online.
Bullying is an issue that needs to be taken more seriously because it affects so many people across the globe every single day. It is important that anyone who has been affected by bullying knows that there are people who will listen to them and help them get through this difficult time in their life.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Why do you think some some people are more likely to be bullied than others?
- Were you ever bullied at school?
- Have you ever bullied anyone?
- Why do you think someone becomes a bully?
- What do you think children can do to stop themselves from being bullied at school?
- What do you think schools should do to prevent bullying?
- What do you think parents can do to prevent bullying?
- How common do you think bullying is at schools in your country?
- Do you think bullying in the workplace is a real problem?
- Do you know anyone who has ever been bullied at work?
- What would you do if you were being bullied at work?