A Quick Introduction
Beauty can be defined like that which brings enjoyment to the person who looks or contemplates. This implies beauty is not something objective as not everyone finds the same things beautiful.
Maybe this is due to what we think is beautiful is actually a reflection of our own personality, individuality and experience.
If we are talking about physical beauty, this one depends on various characteristics and not only on the physical appearance of the person. Indeed, many factors can play into personal attractiveness, like the way we dress, the way we act or carry ourselves or even the way we treat the others.
Some philosophers consider beauty is in the mind of the beholder… what do you think?
- How do you define beauty?
- Why do you think not everyone finds beauty in the same things?
- Does beauty affect our success in life?
- What do you think is more important, to be physically attractive or intelligent?
- Do people spend too much time and money on beauty?
- How important is beauty in your daily life?
- What is your opinion on the beauty contests?
- Do you think the concept of beauty has changed in the last century?
- Is there anything, that normally people don't like, that you find beautiful?
- In which situations do you think your appearance is important?