It is not easy to make a final definition of what Art is, a lot of people have tried to classify what it is or what it isn’t.
We can say, in a general way, Art is understood as an activity or product done by people with a communicative or aesthetic purpose. The artist tries to express an idea, an emotion or even a worldview.
Art may be typically a visual form such as painting, sculpture, drawing, music, or dance as well as music.
There is a debate about Art being a talent or a skill and, the truth is, it can be both. There are some talented people who can do art very well without being taught, whereas there are Art schools in which you can develop great skills by learning.
- Do you consider yourself an artist in any area?
- Do you create art or would you like to be able to do it?
- What is your favourite form of art?
- Do you know a professional artist?
- What is your opinion on some abstract pieces of art? Do you find them artistic?
- Do you think you should get money with your art work to be considered an artist?
- Why do you think a piece of art can provoke different reactions or emotions on the audience?
- How do you think art can be important for society?
- What is your opinion about the prices of some master pieces? What makes them so expensive?
- What do you think you would do if you found a master piece in the attic? Would you keep it?