US Presidential Debates
The presidential debates before an election in the US are without a doubt fascinating viewing, but whether they are actually helpful in terms of persuading people to vote one way or another is a different question. Although it has been said that the debates are a perfect opportunity for the candidates to debate head-to-head about their policies, it has also been argued that by the time the debates actually happen (usually a few weeks before the election) most voters have already made up their mind who they will vote for.
- Have you ever watched the US presidential debate?
- Do you have debates in your country before an election?
- What are the benefits of having a debate like this before an election?
- What is the downside of having a debate like this before an election?
- Overall, do you think these debates help voters decide who they are going to vote for?