Testing on Animals
Although animal testing is commonplace in today’s society, there is an increasing amount of people who are actively looking to buy products that are not tested on animals as well as campaigning for the banning of all animal testing.
While most would agree that the suffering that the animals go through in the testing process is not ideal, it is often considered an unfortunate side effect in order to produce products that are safe for human use. Others argue that an animal’s life is just as important as a human’s and you can’t spare one to save another.
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Should testing on animals be banned?
- Do you check if products have been tested on animals before buying them?
- Do you think animal testing should be allowed for cosmetic products?
- Why do you think some people are completely against any kind of animal testing?
- What would the negative effect be if animal testing was banned?