Using pictures of refreshing drinks as a conversation topic for English learners is an effective way to improve their language skills. Images of drinks can be used to stimulate conversation and encourage learners to express their preferences, opinions and ideas in English.
Picture questions about drinks can also help learners practice specific language functions such as describing taste, expressing likes and dislikes as well as making suggestions. Additionally, this topic can be used to introduce vocabulary related to different types of beverages, their ingredients and even preparation methods.
Instructions:Get your students to look at the pictures below and then go through the related conversation questions.
- Which of these four drinks would you like to try the most? Why?
- Do you think these drinks are suitable for all occasions? Why or why not?
- Which drink do you think is the most refreshing on a hot summers day?
- In your opinion, which drink do you think is the healthiest? Why do you think so?
- Do you recognise any of the drinks?
- Are these drinks are popular in your country? Why or why not?
- Which drink do you think would be the most difficult to make at home?
- Which of these four drinks do you think is the sweetest?
- Do you think the presentation of these drinks is important? Which one do you think looks the most visually appealing?
- Which of these drinks do you think is the most unique or unusual?