Practicing conversation with questions that use the phrasal verb “add to” can help ESL learners expand their vocabulary and improve their understanding and speaking level, as it allows them to practice using the verb in context and learn new ways to express themselves.
Meaning and Examples
The phrasal verb “add to” means to increase or augment something. Here are some examples of how it can be used:
“Can you add some more sugar to my coffee?”.
“The company is looking to add new features to their product line”.
“The recent discovery has added to our understanding of the ancient civilization”.
In each of these examples, the verb “add” is being used with the preposition “to” to indicate that something is being increased.
- What are some ways you can add value to a team or project?
- Can you think of any hobbies or activities that add joy to your life?
- In what ways do different cultures add to the diversity of your country?
- What are some ways to add to your self-care routine?
- How can you add to your wardrobe without spending too much money?
- Can you think of any small acts of kindness that can add to someone's day?
- How do different perspectives add to the richness of a conversation or debate?
- In what ways do travel and exploration add to your personal growth and development?
- How can art and creativity add to our lives?